Visiting with Kids
Historic Sotterley is the perfect space to get kids outside while learning more about our history and the world around us. In addition to our formalized education programs, we have a range of activities you and your family can enjoy together. We have something for young people of all ages from tots to teens!
- Join a kid friendly event >
- Historic tours – Give your kids an educational experience they won’t forget.
- Garden tour – Roll the kids' sleeves up and enjoy being at one with nature on a Garden tour with our experienced Garden Guild team members.
- Specialty tours – Throughout the year, we run specialty tours to help provide greater context for visitors such as Juneteenth and Mothers' and Fathers’ Days.
- Immerse yourselves with our exhibits -
- Walk the trails >
- Explore the grounds – With over 94 acres, there is so much to see at Sotterley from 100-year-old peonies to Bald Eagles. Visit the Visitor Center for some tips to ensure your kids enjoy the walk. We have I Spy maps and other interactive games the kids will enjoy.
- Visit the Farm
- Enjoy a picnic – When the weather is lovely, bring a picnic or pick up snacks from the Visitor Center and enjoy some quality time with the family on the lawn.
- Fly a kite
- Download activity sheets >